Listen to ahansen6s playlist

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Saved for a Rainy Day"
I, like many other moms I know, am not a fan of Play-Doh. Those little balls of clay everywhere when they are done, colors mixed together until it is ruined. I know, I know, I am wound too tight when it comes to cleanliness. So, today we literally "saved it for a rainy day." We don't have to many of those around here and it is pretty bad out there today. Many, many LOUD claps of thunder. Lightning all morning. Just to tell you how few we have I noticed about a year ago while driving that our windshield wipers pretty much just move the water around on our van. Well, today was the same story because we haven't noticed since then and I was driving to and from Riverside. It was scary. I am not nervous driving in the rain, but I just couldn't see a darn thing. So, my boys are at the kitchen table happily rolling Play-Doh. Tyler just called to me, "Mom, I think you are going to have to mop the floor." It's pretty bad when he knows what I am thinking. I know, I know loosen up.


2 comments:

Sims Mom said...

I too hate play dough but Eliza LOVES it. You have inspired me to loosen up a bit too, thanks.

Eric and Laura said...

I hate playdough too!! No wonder we get along so well - birds of a feather. :) I only break it out if I'm desperate.