Listen to ahansen6s playlist

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tyler is 7!

Happy Birthday to our 7-year-old Tyler! It's always hard to believe that
another year has passed and the kids are getting older!
Tyler took his sweet time entering into this world. 7 days late and 20 hours of labor this
9-pounder was born by emergency C-Section. Let me tell you, that should have been a sign of things to come, he still takes his sweet time. Drives me crazy :)

Tyler took some treat bags to school for his birthday. California schools do not allow homemade or sugar items to be brought to school for treats. We cheated a little and he took fruit snacks along with granola bars. What a bummer to not be able to take cupcakes on your birthday to school. But, Tyler is usually a good sport and true to form he didn't care. He was so PROUD to take his big box of bagged up snacks for his friends.

He had a baseball game on the night of his birthday (Tuesday, April 13). He has been having a hard time hitting and all day I was just praying asking Heavenly Father to help him get just one hit. I know that's probably not the best use of his time, but I rarely ask for little petty things like that and I just hoped that Tyler would have a little help :) He had the best up of his little career on his first time up. He fouled 3 balls, which he has never done before and had a full count when the pitcher threw a 4th ball. At this age when you are walked the coach comes up and gets to pitch 2 balls. If you don't hit either than you are out. Tyler hit the first pitch farther than he has ever hit right between second and third base. It went all the way to the grass line. Tyler is so small that this was such a great hit for him, probably his best ever. I had to say a little thank you when he got to first base. Not only did he get a hit, but he came all the way around and scored after a few batters. He doesn't often make it all the way home. Batters after him get out and one time he was tagged out. Because of his hit he got one more hit sticker added to his helmet after the game. They won 13-1 and it was a great night. The team sang Happy Birthday to him while the coach had him stand on his lap over everyone. I don't know if I have ever seen a brighter smile on his face.

After the game we came home and had Tyler's favorite dinner, chocolate cake and he opened his present-a Star Wars Lego ship. All in all I think he had a pretty good day.


Happy Birthday Tyler!

1 comment:

skipper14 said...

What cute boys. Granma isn't biased at all!! Glad he likes playing and is trying so hard.