Friends Visit Hotel Hansen
Our friends the Olson's came to visit us from Washington during their Spring Break. Ok, let me be honest, they didn't really come to visit us, they came to visit Mickey, Minnie, Princesses, Shamu, Clyde and Seamore, and Laguna Beach. We were just lucky enough that they stayed at "Hotel Hansen" named by my sister-in-law many years ago and graced us with their presence a few mornings. They even treated us to dinner out one night without the kids.
I have been friends with Kevin and Amy for over 10 years now and since we moved to California I really haven't had much of a chance to visit with them. This was such a treat for me as they are some of those friends who "knew me when." Those friends that I will always keep and can go for months without contact, but yet everything is always the same.
It was so neat to be able to have their children in our home and interact with my boys. Jacob the oldest boy so easy going and kind, Kayla the middle girl posing for the camera so fun and outgoing, and little Kelsie so shy at first and sweet and loving. Tyler loved having them around of course. Nathan started calling Kelsie his sister by the middle of the week, but she was having none of that title as she crept over beside him on the couch, put her arm around him and kissed him on the cheek :) We love having friends visit and it was so fun to catch up and get to know the kids!


We never get pictures of Kevin!
Our friends the Olson's came to visit us from Washington during their Spring Break. Ok, let me be honest, they didn't really come to visit us, they came to visit Mickey, Minnie, Princesses, Shamu, Clyde and Seamore, and Laguna Beach. We were just lucky enough that they stayed at "Hotel Hansen" named by my sister-in-law many years ago and graced us with their presence a few mornings. They even treated us to dinner out one night without the kids.
I have been friends with Kevin and Amy for over 10 years now and since we moved to California I really haven't had much of a chance to visit with them. This was such a treat for me as they are some of those friends who "knew me when." Those friends that I will always keep and can go for months without contact, but yet everything is always the same.
It was so neat to be able to have their children in our home and interact with my boys. Jacob the oldest boy so easy going and kind, Kayla the middle girl posing for the camera so fun and outgoing, and little Kelsie so shy at first and sweet and loving. Tyler loved having them around of course. Nathan started calling Kelsie his sister by the middle of the week, but she was having none of that title as she crept over beside him on the couch, put her arm around him and kissed him on the cheek :) We love having friends visit and it was so fun to catch up and get to know the kids!
1 comment:
I don't know why I am crying, but I am. This was the best trip we have ever had in our entire lives, and not just because of Mickey and Shamu. We sincerely love the Hansen family and especially those Hansen boys. I can't tell you how many conversations we have had that go like this "Remember when Nathan .... " fill in your most creative thought. The dinner out on Friday night was so great and I know if we lived closer there would be many nights like that one for the four of us. We can't thank you enough for Hotel Hansen and your amazing hospitality. We miss you all so much
Post a Comment