Listen to ahansen6s playlist

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Piano Recital

I don't know what's up with these pictures. Not sure if it was the lighting in the chapel or the setting...just not very good pictures. But, I wanted to share Tyler's first piano recital. He has been taking lessons from our good friend Angie Larson since September. People ask me, "Did he want to take lessons?" Truthfully, I really don't know. After being in charge of baptisms for the last year we had several times where the piano player did not show up. There we were with a room full of people and not one person could play the piano. There were even a few times where there were four elders and none of them knew how to play. I have always wanted my boys to take lessons because I never had the chance to and Trent decided to quit early on when he was little. So right then and there I decided that my boys were going to have this skill. Whether for Elder's quorum, their mission or just for Family Home Evenings on Monday nights. Tyler is the lone piano player in our home right now and it is great to have him play for us for our family nights. He didn't seem nervous at all for his recital. Sister Larson drew names out of a hat for the order which the kids would play. I think she has about 20 kids that she teaches and wouldn't you know it...Tyler was called very last. Even waiting that long didn't shake his little nerves. He walked right up there, sat down, took a look at us and played all of his songs perfectly! He even had a little bow at the end. I hope this is something that he continues to grow in and enjoy.








No comments: