Twilight: New Moon
I can't believe that my 100th post on my blog is about New Moon. I was hoping it would be something more meaningful, but here goes. This post is dedicated to my friend Sandy who especially loves reading movie reviews about teen angst written by adult women :)
This year it ended up just being my friend Laura and I because certain people had their priorities all messed up. For some reason they thought that entertaining family, getting ready for family vacation or living in Idaho was more important than buying movie tickets a week early and standing in a line outside a theater for a teen drama for an hour and a half. What is wrong with them? We still had fun though!
I don't even know if I should write this because I know I am going to come under extreme FIRE for how I felt about this movie. I think I may slowly be losing my friend Amy over my extreme disgust for Edward Cullen :) I was as excited as the next girl for the movie and I really wanted to LOVE it, but...I just liked it. I don't know if it was the hype or the fact that we know so much by reading the books and there is no element of surprise. Or even that New Moon really was my least favorite of the series as I think it was most people's. I am not sure. But, I am pretty sure the main reason is because I just really don't like the main characters that are cast. I just really can't stand Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. They just bug the crud out of me. I just wanted to shake it out of them when they stuttered and dramatically paused throughout the entire Twilight movie. I will admit that those parts of their acting were about 90% better in this one. They did get better. But, they are still not fantastic actors and they still bugged me. I have watched too many of their entertainment interviews and watched them not be able to answer a question or speak with any intelligence whatsoever. The entire time they interview they are swaying and stuttering and saying really dumb things. Half the time I think they are both probably high. So, sorry girls, they bug me. I also think that these films just leave you wanting things more developed. There just wasn't enough in the scenes for me.
The brooding dark vampire with pasty white skin just grossed me out too. I did, however enjoy the Jacob storyline and scenes. No, I don't want Bella with Jacob, I think he is WAY too good for her. I can't wait until the end when we get to see his story gain closure. My favorite book was Eclipse and it all comes together in Breaking Dawn. I have high hopes for both of these. I hope the acting can continue to get better and that I will LOVE both of them and not just like them.
I can't believe that my 100th post on my blog is about New Moon. I was hoping it would be something more meaningful, but here goes. This post is dedicated to my friend Sandy who especially loves reading movie reviews about teen angst written by adult women :)This year it ended up just being my friend Laura and I because certain people had their priorities all messed up. For some reason they thought that entertaining family, getting ready for family vacation or living in Idaho was more important than buying movie tickets a week early and standing in a line outside a theater for a teen drama for an hour and a half. What is wrong with them? We still had fun though!
I don't even know if I should write this because I know I am going to come under extreme FIRE for how I felt about this movie. I think I may slowly be losing my friend Amy over my extreme disgust for Edward Cullen :) I was as excited as the next girl for the movie and I really wanted to LOVE it, but...I just liked it. I don't know if it was the hype or the fact that we know so much by reading the books and there is no element of surprise. Or even that New Moon really was my least favorite of the series as I think it was most people's. I am not sure. But, I am pretty sure the main reason is because I just really don't like the main characters that are cast. I just really can't stand Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. They just bug the crud out of me. I just wanted to shake it out of them when they stuttered and dramatically paused throughout the entire Twilight movie. I will admit that those parts of their acting were about 90% better in this one. They did get better. But, they are still not fantastic actors and they still bugged me. I have watched too many of their entertainment interviews and watched them not be able to answer a question or speak with any intelligence whatsoever. The entire time they interview they are swaying and stuttering and saying really dumb things. Half the time I think they are both probably high. So, sorry girls, they bug me. I also think that these films just leave you wanting things more developed. There just wasn't enough in the scenes for me.
The brooding dark vampire with pasty white skin just grossed me out too. I did, however enjoy the Jacob storyline and scenes. No, I don't want Bella with Jacob, I think he is WAY too good for her. I can't wait until the end when we get to see his story gain closure. My favorite book was Eclipse and it all comes together in Breaking Dawn. I have high hopes for both of these. I hope the acting can continue to get better and that I will LOVE both of them and not just like them.
6 comments:
That is funny! And you made some valid points...keep the teen dramas coming!! haha
Your post was like so totally awesome!!! I am sorry you didn't think the movie was so friggin' good. I am glad you got to have a girls night out, doesn't really seem to matter what is going on just have a good night out.
Can I just say Amen?
You will NEVER lose me Amber;) I actually feel the same way about New moon in that i liked it, not loved it. It could have been better, it could have been worse. Tyler Lautner looked GREAT!! I must admit though, I am not a Kristen Stewart fan, but I do fancy myself some Robert Patinson, I think it's the british accent, it does it for me. And I think I have a thing for tall skinny white guys, what do you think?;) I don't mind watchig him on screen at all, although I would like him to keep his shirt on. New Moon was my least favorite book, in fact i really didn't like any of them very much except for Twilight and Eclipse wasn't bad. Breaking Dawn was a little too much for me. Not a fan. The whole imprinting thing was stupid to me. Edward and Bella seem like a given to me. I love how unconditionaly he loves her, even thought she is whinny and selfish. A romance for the ages. Jacob is that best friend that you just love and would be weird to cross the line with.
Anyway, I wold never give you up over Edward/Jacob/Bella, besides you got me into couponing and have literally changed my life!! You would be SO proud of me!!! Love and miss you TONS Amber!!!
LOL Amber, you are awesome. I took Martha to see it while up in Idaho and she hated it! For a 16 yr old girl to hate it I think says a lot.
Yea I can't get into Edward cuz he reminds me too much of my brother i will have to post pics.
But I love the character in teh book.
Ps Love the music...Wyatt likes that movie alot. :)
Post a Comment