Listen to ahansen6s playlist

Monday, September 21, 2009

July Rewind

Although Tyler was out of school things did not slow down in the summer. If anything there were times it was very much accelerated. Our main excitement of the summer was going to Yuma. Trent's bosses think that we are really weird that we consider a few days in Yuma by Grandpa's pool with lots of kids a "vacation." My response to that is that we don't have a pool so it's luxury to us, Neil and Shelly have a "motel" room in their house (when the Inn at Salt Lake closed down they bought all the items from one of the rooms and wallpapered and painted it to look just like one of the motel rooms), and we can still pay our bills after we go on our Yuma "vacation."

They also think that Trent is weird because he considered a one day trip to Magic Mountain with his dad and brothers a vacation. It was a fun day for them. It was Ryan's birthday and he is a fanatic about Super Heroes and Disney so I am sure he had a blast with them.

When I was in Washington Trent bought a gun. The story behind this gun is how he bought it. Along with money he had been saving up he took the $200 cash that I left for groceries and other things and survived on omelettes the whole time I was gone. People such as my friend Debbie took pity on him and invited him over to dinner. No one should have felt sorry for him at that time, he should have been well taken care of.
I wish it was possible to enlarge this photo and hang it right behind his chair in his office. Maybe that would scare those little gangster trouble makers a little more.

The pillows are constantly off of the couch right where you enter our house. These boys take those pillows of every day and jump off the couch into a sea of pillows. Don't be surprised if I post one day that there is a broken leg, ankle or arm due to this. No matter how much we tell them not to do it, it is impossible to get them to stop.

11 Months Old


Star Wars-The Constant Obsession

This pretty much describes Mr. 3 year old's moodiness at times.


Trent and Mini Me.

We were lucky enough this summer to be asked to "babysit" M and E for a day. Desiree had to work a lot this summer and even thought M is 15, she doesn't like them to be at home alone all day. It's more of a relaxing day for me than "babysitting." They watch my kids all day and we get to swim. I think they get the short end of the stick :)

Ahhh, the first haircut. It is always so dramatic. Cael was getting those pesky, wispy little hairs around his ears. He was starting to look like he had a mullet. I always love how they look after the first haircut. Little baby with curly blonde locks to a little toddler with a buzz cut.

These two are becoming the best of friends. Nathan is such a good big brother to Cael.

I can't get enough of this. Little gummy, huge grins are the best.

Always in need of a "nack." This kid snacks and snacks all day. Must be the age because Tyler did the same thing and I am hearing from friends that their 3 and 4 year olds eat all day. I'm not sure if it's really hunger or boredom?

"Vacation" at Grandpa's house in Yuma, AZ. If you have never been there it is hotter than you know where there. 115 degrees while we were there.

Aunt Rebecca, Kalee, and Alana

Not sure why Tyler insists in being so silly in pictures :)

The cousins having a fun afternoon swimming.
Dominick, Nathan, Tyler, Kalee, Alana

Best Friends





I just couldn't resist taking these pictures. This little guy was with us for a few days at Grandpa's because Aunt Jessica was at the hospital having new baby brother Christian. Dominick does not cry or throw a fit very often, but at this moment I think he was tired and sick of not being with mom and dad. So when Dad did come over and discipline him he was not happy with him :(

We'll see if we ever get to babysit again after this one.

The Nick Hansen Family

The pictures with Trent mysteriously disappeared off my computer. He says he didn't delete them, but he hates it when we take pictures in the pool.

Nathan just had to hold Cousin Cason.

New cousin Christian.

New Daddy Adam.

Tyler lost his first tooth this month. He came to me in the morning and said, "Mom, look my tooth is loose." He played with it all day of course and by the evening it was very loose. Trent was trying to put string around it and pull it and Tyler was throwing a fit. Finally Tyler pulled it out himself.

Our only trip to the beach all summer. Nathan and I are not fans of the beach. Trent and Tyler love it!! Trent took Tyler out on the board and taught him how to ride the waves. You cannot see it in the pictures, but Nathan was not too pleased about Trent trying to teach him.


A visit from Oceanside's finest. The group next to us was a young adult crowd and they were drinking all day. Well, apparantly you are not allowed to have alcohol on the beach. Because we don't drink, I of course had NO idea that this was a law/rule. Late in the afternoon these guys showed up to confiscate the little that was left and handed out tickets. Of course no one knew who the coolers belonged to or who brought the drinks.

3 comments:

Sims Mom said...

You are such a cute Mom Amber! I love that Dad was the one giving the haircut and not you.

Shannon said...

Looks like so much fun! I understand your pain..Dave just bought a new gun too! And it is so easy here...no waiting. So I am waiting for more gun purchases shortly. Those two are two peas in a pod.

Dana & Genni Bain said...

Wyatt is always hungry right now...so your right it must be a boredom thing or just plain hungry so I think it would be best for him to eat cuz my guy is just plain skinny. :) Miss you Amber...need to get together soon. :)