Listen to ahansen6s playlist

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Principal Hansen
I am very pleased to announce that starting on Monday Trent's new title will be Principal Hansen. About three weeks ago the district called him in and asked him to consider accepting a position as Principal of the Alternative School. He was hesitant and a little reluctant at first not knowing how he felt about leaving his current position and staff and going to a school full of the kids that he has personally expelled and sent there. I should note also that there was a gun found on campus the week prior to this offer. It is a tough school. (When he told me this I asked him if anything were to happen to him would I get his retirement? I know, I am heartless. He told me that for $1000.00 a month there was a program that guarantees this. Don't think we will be doing that one anytime soon :) However, this is a big stepping stone in his career and a big promotion. He loves working with the "tough" kids and breaking them down. After a lot of thought and I am sure prayer on his part he decided to take this job. We had to keep this between us for the last few weeks and I have just been dying to share how proud I am of him. Monday night he was announced to the School Board as the District's recommendation. Most of his colleagues were in attendence because there were awards being given out. They were all shocked. The five board members voted unanimously to hire him as the Principal. He texted me that it was unanimous and that he was now a Principal. I asked him if he could now be content for awhile as this is a long awaited goal. He wrote back and said, no, time to start working on the next step. He has been looking into going back to school for his Ph.D. As much as I support this decision I dread the time away and the loan it will take to do this. But, his long term goal is to be a Superintendent and I know that with his drive and talents this will be a reality in the future. I am so proud of Trent and all that he does to support our family and continue working towards his goals. To be a Principal at 32 is rare and I am not surprised that he has achieved this goal. Congratulations Trent.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats!!! Woo Hooo!!!

Shannon said...

YAY!!! We are so proud of you Trent!!! Congrats with love from the Grogan's!!

Leanne said...

That's great, he'll be so good for those kids!

Sims Mom said...

That is awesome! Congratulations and good luck.

Jeremy Price said...

We are so happy for you guys. What a huge achievement at such a young age, he must really have a calling for working with those kids.

lishajeanne said...

Hooray! I am so happy for you Trent! But secretly jealous too.

Glahn Family said...

WOW,, That is great.. Tell him Yipppy skippy for me... That is great. He will do well. Support him and watch him soar... good job as his wife.. your doing well.

Karen said...

Hey that's great! I found your blog on someone else's in the ward. I love it! Your slide shows are great. Tell your husband congratulations!