The rest of December and into the New Year...
December 26
We got a wonderful visit from Trent's Aunt Cindy. She has been kind enough to keep up with the grandchildren's birthdays and we love her for caring so much!! She brought Cars, Pajamas, pretty little keepsake boxes, etc. A Thank you shout out to Aunt Cindy, not sure when I will get to all the Thank you cards for the season. She brought her husband Kelly which for a little while we thought didn't exist. When we have visited with her he has stayed behind with his family to visit with them. I was a little nervous that the kids were being too loud for him at one point and yelled for them to calm down. Once I realized that he was hiding below the stairs egging it on I knew that he wasn't overwhelmed and was loving every minute of it. For most of the visit he had at least one of the seven children on his lap, if not three at a time. We had such a wonderful visit.
That night we took off to Yuma to stay the night and head to Tucson in the morning.
December 27
We headed to Tucson in the mid-morning. We thought that we had enough gas to get to Casa Grande and were a bit nervous when we got in between gas stations in the middle of nowhere on empty. We found one on the side of the road seriously with nothing around it with about 10 miles of gas left in the tank and about 27 miles from Casa Grande. Very lucky. We stopped in Casa Grande and hit Burger King which is always pretty gross and then headed over to the Wal-Mart behind it. We had wanted to get our little nephew Cason som U of A gear, but were not successful anywhere. All they had was Diamondbacks. We headed out and made it to Green Valley right outside of Tucson in about a half hour. When we got there Rebecca and her sister were hard at work preparing food for the blessing the next day. I HAVE to share her brilliance, I was SO impressed. She had borrowed crockpots and was putting together 5 crockpots of the lasagna recipe that I shared with most of you. It was so smart. The garage was so cold that we just put them out there overnight and brought them in and plugged them in in the morning. We had figured that it would feed about 50. I think there must have been about 75 people come through that house and we still had one full pot leftover in the end. She had Neil and Shelly bring salad and her parents brought rolls. Shelly made brownies right when we came home from church and there was enough food to go around. Pat on the back to Rebecca.
I mentioned her sister was there. Rebecca's sister Amy and her family are fantastic to be around. Amy graduated with Trent and yes they have kissed. I have to mention this because I think Trent has kissed every girl in his graduating class and I am the one that gets the hard time for being friends with boys from school? Anyway, we love Amy and Clay. They have six kids and still counting and it's disgusting how small she is after six kids. I told Rebecca that it is so unusual that we hang out with her siblings and her family when we are there because it doesn't seem like this is normal. I love it!
December 28
This was Trent's birthday. Unfortunately like all of his life it was overshadowed again...by a baby blessing. Sorry Trent. The big group of 75 did sing Happy Birthday to him thanks to his High School buddy Trevor (also Rebecca's brother and graduated with Trent). Unfortunately I was outside while they were singing so I didn't get to see him react with embarrassment.
We took family pictures that day since we were all finally together again. It was the first time since 2004. I love it when we are altogether with Trent's family. Things seem to go smoothly without a lot of drama.
Hansen/Evans Family
We headed to Tucson in the mid-morning. We thought that we had enough gas to get to Casa Grande and were a bit nervous when we got in between gas stations in the middle of nowhere on empty. We found one on the side of the road seriously with nothing around it with about 10 miles of gas left in the tank and about 27 miles from Casa Grande. Very lucky. We stopped in Casa Grande and hit Burger King which is always pretty gross and then headed over to the Wal-Mart behind it. We had wanted to get our little nephew Cason som U of A gear, but were not successful anywhere. All they had was Diamondbacks. We headed out and made it to Green Valley right outside of Tucson in about a half hour. When we got there Rebecca and her sister were hard at work preparing food for the blessing the next day. I HAVE to share her brilliance, I was SO impressed. She had borrowed crockpots and was putting together 5 crockpots of the lasagna recipe that I shared with most of you. It was so smart. The garage was so cold that we just put them out there overnight and brought them in and plugged them in in the morning. We had figured that it would feed about 50. I think there must have been about 75 people come through that house and we still had one full pot leftover in the end. She had Neil and Shelly bring salad and her parents brought rolls. Shelly made brownies right when we came home from church and there was enough food to go around. Pat on the back to Rebecca.
I mentioned her sister was there. Rebecca's sister Amy and her family are fantastic to be around. Amy graduated with Trent and yes they have kissed. I have to mention this because I think Trent has kissed every girl in his graduating class and I am the one that gets the hard time for being friends with boys from school? Anyway, we love Amy and Clay. They have six kids and still counting and it's disgusting how small she is after six kids. I told Rebecca that it is so unusual that we hang out with her siblings and her family when we are there because it doesn't seem like this is normal. I love it!
December 28
This was Trent's birthday. Unfortunately like all of his life it was overshadowed again...by a baby blessing. Sorry Trent. The big group of 75 did sing Happy Birthday to him thanks to his High School buddy Trevor (also Rebecca's brother and graduated with Trent). Unfortunately I was outside while they were singing so I didn't get to see him react with embarrassment.
We took family pictures that day since we were all finally together again. It was the first time since 2004. I love it when we are altogether with Trent's family. Things seem to go smoothly without a lot of drama.
Hansen/Evans Family
(Back) Lisha, Clark, Ryan, Trent, Amber, Cael, Neil, Shelly, Rebecca, Cason, Nick, Adam, Jessica, Dominick, Alexa, Jackson, Cody, Tycee
(Front) Ally, Emma, Nathan Tyler, Kalee, Alana, Rylan, Cashton, (Bottom) Luke
Hansen Family
Trent Hansen Family
Ryan Hansen Family
Nick Hansen Family
Adam Hansen Family
Neil and his Boys
Hansen Sisters
Shelly and Neil
Alexa
Hansen Boys
Hansen Girls
Why does the girls picture look like it was so much easier to shoot? Girls are just so much more cooperative about photo ops :)
2 comments:
It's because it was easier. We love the cameras and have trained our daughters well.
I love the pictures! Looks like a fun little time. I wish we could have a reunion of the sorts. Lucky dogs!
Post a Comment