Nathan's tooth
Ok, finally Nathan's tooth. So New Year's Day brought on a lot of sadness for me for my little baby Nate. We were at Neil and Shelly's house (Trent's dad and stepmom) and they have tile in their kitchen and 3 tile steps that lead down to the tile in a family room. Shelly and I were standing inches from Nathan with our backs turned when all of a sudden he was face down at the bottom of the stairs. We have NO idea if he tripped on his feet, pajama pants, or just simply the second stair. I picked him up immediately to a mouthful of blood and at first just thought that it was his lips. Upon further inspection Trent found out that his top left tooth was hanging by one root. He did his best to shove it back into place and hope that it would grab on. My sister in law Jessica's cousin who is a dentist came over and said that was the right thing to do and we just had to wait. So I took Nathan to the dentist after we got back and without looking at it she said that they don't save baby teeth and that it needed to be extracted immediately. She took an X-Ray and said that he had broken a root. She wanted to do it that day, but I wanted a second opinion and some pictures. So Trent called one of our old dentists and he said that we did the right thing by shoving it up there and we should wait it out. So we did and unfortunately it started to get infected. So we started him on antibiotics until she had an appointment open on Monday. I wasn't able to get professional pictures done unfortunately with all the drama we have had this weekend, but I did get a few snapshots.
Before
After
After Extraction
5 comments:
The same thing happened to my nephew when he was even younger. He lost both of his top teeth. Hope you guys are ok.
ok...so not so bad...for vain reasons I was worried for you guys haha...but he is so stinkin cute that with or without teeth..it doesn't matter! What a weekend for you guys!!
he's still a heartbreaker even with a missing front tooth. :)
Shelby had to have a front tooth extracted and she was toothless a long time! Years, but it all turned out ok!
My sister knocked out Both of her front teeth when she was 2. I can't remember what she looked like with them they were gone so long. They grew back in 3rd grade. It will make him look tough, ot like a hillbilly, whatever.
Post a Comment