Listen to ahansen6s playlist

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TWILIGHT
Well, I have to admit, I was a "follower," or the girl who gives in to "peer pressure" when it came to Twilight. Shannon emailed us about two years ago and said she had found the best book and it was about vampires and this girl that falls in love with one and I have to admit all I heard was reading, vampires, blah, blah, blah. Sorry Shan. The turnoff first of all was the word "read." I hadn't read a book in about 10 years, and my degree is in Journalism!! How sad is that. I used to read a ton of books a month in middle school and high school. I just use my time differently now. Then when I heard vampires I was totally turned of. So this year I heard that Laura and Genni were getting into it. Then I heard that friends who don't live here were starting to read it. So I finally gave in and got the first book off ebay. It came and it took me a few weeks to pick it up. When I finally did it took about four days to finish. I have to admit I did "like" it, but not "love" it. It was just so sappy, gooey, I love you, you are my life, like every other page. Anyway, so I decided to go to the movie because it really doesn't matter what my friends are doing whether I like the activity or not I usually join in just to be with them. So Shannon planned this party and we got there about 5 p.m. She had a Twilight cake and we had appetizers. I have to hand it to her she had a fantastic party. She got take out boxes and filled them with"Twilight" items. Eclipse gum for first moon, a beef stick to make fun of Jacob, Nerds candy because we are 30-year-olds going to this teenage movie, a blood pop sucker, Hershey kisses and a candy heart necklace. She really went all out. What I didn't mention is that we bought our tickets 2 weeks early!! She also put together layouts for our "friends" scrapbooks that we put together this summer. What a great idea. So we went and stood in line at about 6 p.m. for the 7:30 show. I know, not as hard core as some of the rest of you. There we were in this sea of 12-16 year old girls and their parents. Then, the movie started and from the minute that Bella said, "I never gave much thought to how I would die..." until she said it at the end, there was continuous screaming in our theater. When the Cullens entered the cafeteria they went crazy. I leaned over and told Laura and Nicole that we should brace ourselves for the kiss and sure enough, that place ERRUPTED!! It was so crazy. Any other movie I would have been SO annoyed, but these gleeful, silly girls screaming just added to the experience. We laughed hysterically every time they screamed. I will definitely go to opening night of New Moon so that I will have that same experience. So now the verdict, I am definitely glad that I read the book so that I could fill in the missing pieces of the movie. I "LIKED" the book, I absolutely 100% "LOVED" the movie.
My favorite part: in the garage where they ask Rosalie to put on Bella's clothes and she asks "why, what is she to me." Carlisle tells her "she is with Edward, she is family now." Loved that part!! And, it is an addition to the movie, I looked it up, it's not in the book.
Thanks Shannon for giving us the ultimate TWILIGHT experience. I have already informed her that she will be flying or driving here from Idaho to go to New Moon with us. We are holding her to her word.

Shannon, me, Genni, Laura, Nicole



Genni is always SO creative and original.


Shannon's gift boxes


The scrapbook layout

Check out Laura's "Alice" hairdo


Shannon's cake


5 comments:

Brenda said...

How fun! Our theater was just as crazy! We had a group that bought tickets 2 months ago for the premiere and they had a special line for us to go in first! It was CrAzY! Girls were gitty that is for sure!!! I cannot wait for the next one!

AOlson said...

That is what our theatre was like too! How funny. I have to admit I did not like New Moon at all as a book so I hope they do a better job with the movie:)

Shannon said...

It was such a fun night! Thanks for going..and glad you caught the Twilight fever..AT LAST!!!! hahahaha...the next three book sare not as gushy..so I think you will like them...and you are gettign to the Volturi...they are SCARY! hahaha...love you!! xoxo

Glahn Family said...

I love my Shannon Grogan. I'm so glad that you both are great friends. She makes likfe fun doesn't she. I'm glad you had fun at twilight. I have seen the movie 4 times now. I had to go back and relive the story. Then that night, Mike and I played vampire. IM JUST KIDDING...... I'm so ready for Edward to make me into a vampire... LOL

Sims Mom said...

Amber you are so funny! I linked to your blog from Sandy's. I love that I am not the only 30 year old Mom who went and saw the movie. I went alone though, no party and that made me a feel little sad!