Listen to ahansen6s playlist

Friday, September 5, 2008

PEACHES


What do you do two days before you have a baby?? Well, I was canning peaches. Ridiculous right? I think so too. We had the opportunity in our ward to get a box of about 30 lbs of peaches, called a "lug" for $9.25!! I have been talking with friends about food storage and just couldn't pass on this opportunity. I knew the timing would be tight because the peaches were coming in on August 21st and I was scheduled to have Cael on August 27th!! So we got the peaches and I went on Friday to my friends house to can them. We got them out of the boiling water to peel them and they were just not ready. So we made some freezer jam out of a few that day. I went back on Monday and canned 7 jars of peaches and a regular jam and she made a jar of pie filling for me. My friend Angie she really is a real Mormom mom with 7 kids and teaching me how to can. She brought them over last night when she brought us dinner and I have to tell all you ladies about her idea. She brought this box lined with a table cloth and had chicken, potato salad, potato chips, fruit and smores that she had cooked over her stove and wrapped in foil!! She walked in and said, "I brought you a picnic!" It was our favorite meal all week just because it was so fun. She is the sweetest lady.

No comments: