Rascal Flatts
Bob That Head Tour
March 14, 2009
My birthday present from my wonderful husband this year was tickets to the Rascal Flatts Bob That Head concert. Country music is one of the few things that we both REALLY love. I say one of the few things because we love movies, 24, a few sporting event and our kids equally the same. But, a lot of things one of us loves and the other often goes along because the other loves it. I am sure most couples can say that. So Rascal Flatts is one of those things that we both thoroughly enjoy. We saw them eight years ago when they were opening up for Jodee Messina in Spokane. They came out individually and each did a monologue. Jay was hilarious and I can't count the number of times that Gary said, "Lord, have mercy," when something was funny. A true southern thing, it was funny to those of us who aren't used to that phrase.
The only downfall this time was that Jessica Simpson opened for them. We looked at each other several times and said, "What is wrong with her??" She has such a beautiful voice, she looked great (she is not big as the media is saying, which is so rude whether she is or isn't, that must have been a terrible side picture and the mom jeans didn't help), but she says the dumbest things. In between her songs she just said things that clarify her being an idiot is NOT an act. It is REAL. She actually stopped songs twice and told her band, "I have to start over," because she forgot the words!! She said, "I do this all the time, it's ok, people make mistakes."
What a great gift, can't wait to see them next year on the "Unstoppable" tour!!
2000
We liked them then...
We liked them then...
2009
They've come a long way and were SO much better!


6 comments:
BEST
HUSBAND
EVER!
Good job Trent!
(when I was watching the video Luke walked up and asked "where's Cars?")
Amber, I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the concert, again! I bet it was a lot of fun. I LOVE country music too and have always loved seeing my fav artists live. You guys deserved a night out! :o)
how fun! Glad you can still go out and have fun... it's sometimes hard to remember those days once the kidos come along! Oh, and BTW your husband did a great job on Sunday.
Were you able to keep your peepers open? Glad you guys had a good time - let's do dinner again soon.
Lucky Gal...Dana does not do concerts at all. Last time we went was when we were dating and we saw The Cure...he made me leave early. :(
So yeah!, I just have to find concert buddies.
I wanted to go see Depeche Mode since they will be on tour this Aug. guess I have to find a buddy now. haha!
Happy Birthday belated
So I figured it out. Your friend Leanne and my friend Jill are cousins. Small world huh?
Post a Comment